Scantox Denmark are seeking an experienced Business Development Director for our Safety Assessment business line in Denmark. The position is remote. The Business Development Director (BDD) reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and is responsible for planning, directing and executing a geographic, territory-based field sales strategy. The BDD will be accountable for delivering profitable sales growth for their individual territory by targeting and visiting clients face to face to build strong commercial relationships and customer loyalty.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting; results focused individual with a demonstrable record of sustained sales results achieved by building strong client relationships and loyalty. Drives growth by developing clear long and short term account plans targeting profitable opportunities.
What will you do:
- Responsible for building profitable annual sales growth and achieving agreed annual sales targets for the portfolio of Safety Assessment Services within a defined sales territory and/or strategic account portfolio assignment.
- Builds and executes annual territory sales growth plan. Formally updates quarterly.
- Targets client growth opportunities in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Navigates and networks complex decision-making units in large accounts to identify key decision makers, build relevant relationships/client loyalty and grow Scantox market share and sales volume across the safety assessment services portfolio
- Builds detailed account plans for coordinated management and reporting of client opportunities
- Liaises with client services to execute effective and efficient commercial transaction processes including proposals, pricing and contracting
- Utilizes CRM system effectively and efficiently to provide real-time communication of client activities and opportunity management
- Represents Scantox safety assessment services at key relevant scientific conferences
- Pro-actively provides market and competitor feedback through formal marketing intelligence reporting system
- Field based position requiring frequent travel. Approx. 40% of working time in field visiting clients at their R&D sites, hosting client visits to Scantox sites and attending key relevant industry conferences.
- Travelling across EMEA is required.
- Undergraduate BS/BA degree in life science or business related subject, preferred.
- A higher degree such as MSc. or MBA preferable
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- At least 2 years direct field sales experience in the CRO sector
- Demonstrable account planning and management skills
- Evidence of sustained multiple year sales growth performance
- Direct experience using CRM for client management and activity reporting
- In depth knowledge and experience of drug development cycle
The ideal candidate is a strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills. You are proactive and self-driven with the ability to interact with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally. You are also a skilled IT systems user and preferably experience with Salesforce.com
Who we are:
Scantox Group is a Danish company and the leading contract research company within preclinical research in the Nordic region. The company is within the Life Science industry and conducts studies for the pharmaceutical industry (pharma / medico / biotech), thus playing an important role in the development of new medicines. Scantox has delivered preclinical research for more than 40 years.
Our head office is located in Denmark close to Copenhagen currently employing approx. 170 staff who all have a wide range of skills and educational backgrounds. In addition, Scantox has tjree subsidiaries in Sweden. Scantox was founded in 1977 and has since 2021 been owned by Impilo who together with the management team is implementing an ambitious growth strategy.
Impilo is an investment company focused solely on investments in Nordic companies operating in pharmaceutical, medical technology, healthcare services and other health-related industries. Impilo invests in people’s opportunities to enjoy healthier lives in the future.
You can read more about Scantox at: www.scantox.com
You can read more about Impilo at: www.impilo.se
How to apply:
If you would like to work in an exciting company characterised by an informal atmosphere and a busy working day, please send us your motivated application and CV as soon as possible via: https://www.totaljobs.com/job/business-development-director/scantox-a-s-job101485364
Please send your resume and cover letter as soon as possible and no later than 20 December 2023.
We reserve the option to invite relevant candidates before the application deadline expires.
If you have any questions about who we are or perhaps would like more details regarding the position, you are very welcome to contact Andy Brown, Chief Commercial Officer at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.